Wednesday 30 July 2008

Winning an award

What does winning the Morningstar award mean?

My first question was what's Morningstar? So like the usual inquisitive me...I went on to do my research.

Morningstar Asia, established in April 2000 is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chicago-based Morningstar Inc. It is a leading independent provider of investment information and analysis for mutual funds and stocks in the US.

Maybe it counts for something, maybe it doesn't, it's in fact a matter of opinion. My simple opinion, quite simply is like buying a new hand phone, car or computer. We do a survey from various sources, the internet and some leading magazines. An of course if the budget permits, we always want that recommended item, the 5 star rated review. So for me in the complex enough world of investments and stock picking, I can be satisfied when there are experts out there who's conducting extensive research, data analysis and top it with a review and ranking of the possibly good potentials. Of course there are no guarantee that past performance is an indicator of future achievements. Well such as life, at least I'm making my choices on some fundamental data that I can be satisfied with in making my investments decisions.

You can read and download a write up on it at my company link.

No comments: